A transient student is one who normally attends another college or university during the fall and spring semesters, but wishes to attend Weatherford College in the summer, winter mini, or may mini.
1. Apply to Weatherford College
Complete the Coyote Recruit admissions application. Please note:
- You must first create a Coyote Recruit account, then complete the application.
- You will need to use your personal email, not a school or work email.
- You will receive notifications of missing or received items in your Coyote Recruit account.
- You will be issued a WC login, email, and student ID number, AFTER all required documents are received.
2. Submit admission documents
Admission documents need to be uploaded to Coyote Recruit.
- PROOF OF MENINGITIS VACCINATION (if under age 22), or complete Exemption Form for Reasons of Conscience.
- Unofficial COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS are required for admission purposes, the unofficial transcript from the last college you attended will need to be uploaded to Coyote Recruit when you complete your application.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS with your final current semester grades are required before WC can release a transcript to your current institution. Official transcripts may be sent electronically, brought to student services, or mailed to:
Weatherford College Student Services
225 College Park Drive
Weatherford TX 76086
*An official transcript is sent from another institution to Weatherford College directly via mail or electronically through a transcript service. If hand delivered, it must be sealed in an envelope from your previous institution. The semester prior to the student’s attendance at Weatherford College must be graded – courses should not read ‘in progress’. Future semesters are not reviewed.
Visit with the transient student advisor, Greta Edwards at email@example.com, to register for courses. This will be important especially if the course you are registering for has a pre-requisite.
4. Final Steps
- Pay tuition and fees by the Payment Deadline for each semester. Paying attention to these deadlines ensures that you are not dropped for non-payment. You are responsible for all payments, regardless of forthcoming financial aid or scholarships.
- Select how you wish to Receive Refunds from Weatherford College. Failure to complete this step will delay any refunds you may receive.
- Purchase or rent textbooks. These are required for all WC courses. Textbooks can be
purchased or rented in person or by phone at:
- Weatherford Campus Bookstore--817-598-6286
- Wise County Campus Bookstore--940-626-3259
- You may go online to the Weatherford College bookstore.
- Day One Access is a textbook program by which the student is charged a reduced fee for an eBook, which is automatically added to their tuition. They will have access to the book on the first day of class in the course’s Canvas classroom. If the course utilizes Day One Access, there will be a small, green circle, with a dollar sign in it next to the course name in the course catalog during registration. If you have questions regarding Day One Access or would like to opt out, please contact the bookstore at 817-598-6286.
- If taking courses on campus, get your Parking Pass. Campus PD will issue your parking tag and provide instructions for student parking on campus. You will need to complete the Student Parking Registration form before visiting campus PD.
- Financial aid is not available for transient students.
- You will need to order an official Weatherford College transcript online at the end of your session.
- As a reminder, a final, official transcript for the prior semester at the student’s home college/university must be on file at Weatherford College before an official Weatherford College transcript can be released.