You are a Transfer Student if you earned credit at another college or university and plan to enroll at WC. If you are still in high school, use the New Student Application Checklist.
1. Apply to Weatherford College
Complete the Coyote Recruit admissions application. Please note:
- You must first create a Coyote Recruit account, then complete the application.
- You will need to use your personal email, not a school or work email.
- You will receive notifications of missing items once your application has been reviewed.
- You will be issued a WC login, email, and student ID number within four business days.
2. Submit admission documents
Admission documents can be uploaded to Coyote Recruit.
- PROOF OF MENINGITIS VACCINATION (if under age 22), or complete Exemption Form for Reasons of Conscience.
- Unofficial COLLEGE TRANSCRIPTS are required for admission purposes, the unofficial transcript from the last college you attended can be uploaded to Coyote Recruit when you complete your application.
- OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS are required before you can register for the next term. Official transcripts may be sent electronically, brought to student services, or mailed to:
Weatherford College Student Services
225 College Park Drive
Weatherford TX 76086
*An official transcript is sent from another institution to Weatherford College directly via mail or electronically through a transcript service. If hand delivered, it must be sealed in an envelope from your previous institution. The semester prior to the student’s attendance at Weatherford College must be graded – courses should not read ‘in progress’. Future semesters are not reviewed.
- COMPLETE REVIEW FORM. By completing and returning the Transcript Review Request you may transfer credits to your Weatherford College transcript.
- Credits are not automatically applied.
- Only courses needed for degree/certificate completion will be posted to the Weatherford College transcript.
- Credits will not be added to transcript until after the census date for the first semester you attend at Weatherford College.
- If you do not have coursework from your previous institution that completes your TSI placement, you will be required to take a placement test in one or both areas.
- COMPLETE PLACEMENT TESTING (if required): Please see an advisor before testing to ensure what you need to take, if any. You may schedule TSI testing through the Weatherford College Testing Centers.
3. Explore How to Pay for College
Visit the Financial Aid Overview for more information on available aid and how to apply.
You are not required to meet with an advisor, however you can do so by making an appointment or going to Student Services to be seen as an advisor becomes available.
You may select face to face or phone appointments for the Weatherford College campus or the Wise County campus. Please make sure to click the “Select” button after each choice.
You will receive a confirmation email that includes your appointment details.
5. Final Steps
- Pay tuition and fees by the Payment Deadline for that semester. Paying attention to these deadlines ensures that you are not dropped for non-payment. You are responsible for all payments, regardless of forthcoming financial aid or scholarships.
- Select how you wish to Receive Refunds from Weatherford College. Failure to complete this step will delay any refunds you may receive.
- Purchase or rent textbooks. These are required for all WC courses. Textbooks can be purchased or rented in person or by phone at:
- Weatherford Campus Bookstore--817-598-6286
- Wise County Campus Bookstore--940-626-3259
- You may go online to the Weatherford College bookstore.
- Day One Access is a textbook program by which the student is charged a reduced fee for an eBook, which is automatically added to their tuition. They will have access to the book on the first day of class in the course’s Canvas classroom. If the course utilizes Day One Access, there will be a small, green circle, with a dollar sign in it next to the course name in the course catalog during registration. If you have questions regarding Day One Access or would like to opt out, please contact the bookstore at 817-598-6286.
- Get your Parking Pass. Campus PD will issue your parking tag and provide instructions for student parking on campus. You will need to complete the Student Parking Registration form before visiting campus PD.
- Have your photo taken for your student ID. Student IDs are made in the Library and the Coyote Den.
- Pre-register for healthcare services at our Coyote Clinic. Students must be pre-registered to be seen, so save time and do it before you need it!
- Decide on housing options. Our on-campus option is Coyote Village.
Have further questions? Contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with the admissions process.