The verification process is only for students who have been notified by the Financial Aid Office that they must complete verification forms, upload a tax return transcript, submit an appeal, or provide other documentation.
WC AID VERIFICATION
- Verification is a process through which the Department of Student Financial Aid verifies the information you reported on your FAFSA. Federal regulations require all institutions to perform verification on a percentage of applicants who file for financial aid. Applicants are randomly selected for verification. If you are chosen for verification, you will be notified of the required documents through the email account you provided on the FAFSA as well as your WC student email.
- If you are selected for verification, you will be required to submit documentation. You will need to go to Coyote Connect to see what may be needed. You will have links for sites to submit requested documents.
- Any discrepancies found by our department must be corrected and your financial aid eligibility may be affected. This process can delay your aid, so please respond immediately to any requests from our department. The verification process normally takes up to 2-4 weeks from the receipt of the final document. Should you fail to submit all required documentation, financial aid will not be awarded and/or disbursed. If funds were disbursed prior to your selection for verification, they may be cancelled until your file is complete.
- Click on the link for required documents and select WC Aid Verification to log in to your account using your WC student email (must use the complete email address). For example: firstname.lastname@example.org your WC password. If you need assistance, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 817-598-6295.
- If this is the first time to login, you will need to “REGISTER ”your information first. After the first initial login, you will not be required to register again.
- NOTE: We can no longer accept income tax forms via the fax or email. They MUST be uploaded into this electronic format. You may use your mobile phone to take pictures of tax documents and upload them to us. You can also scan the document and upload with PDF formatting. If you are unable to do either of these two options, please call our office for further instructions.
Download instructions for WC Aid Verification
Students may be required to submit additional documentation even though they have not been selected for Verification. These documents may relate to citizenship status, veteran status, and/or orphan status. If requested, please submit the additional documentation immediately to the financial aid office, because your aid can be delayed.
Awards will be made only after all required validation documentation has been received by the Financial Aid office.