You are here


How do I register and pay for Workforce Education Courses?
Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. You may register until the first day of class if space is available. Due to the minimum number of students necessary for classes to be held, you are encouraged to register at least one week before the class starts. Payments are due
2 weeks prior to the start of the class. We accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards (American Express, Discover, Master Card, VISA, and debit cards). Payments can be made by phone at 817-598-8865. Payments by mail must be in the form of check or money order. Payment from a company or state agency is also accepted. Call 817-598-8870 for more information. Please note: If you have a past due balance, a hold (which prevents registration) will be placed on your account.

How can I receive Financial Assistance?
Limited scholarship funds are available through the Workforce Education Grant (WEG), formerly TPEG for Workforce Education students. Eligibility is based on individual financial need and student enrollment in career or occupational courses. Funds awarded to eligible students will be applied directly to the course tuition. WEG funds will be awarded until the funds for Workforce Education are depleted. Applicants must complete the WEG application and allow 2 weeks minimum processing time before class start date. The Workforce Education registration form and WEG form are due to the Workforce Education main campus office, 10 business days before class begins to allow sufficient processing of information.

Weatherford College Foundation Scholarship for Workforce Education is a scholarship based on career plans, impact on life, and financial need. Occupationally related courses are eligible for this scholarship until funds are depleted.

Some certificate programs are certified through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) at the North Central Texas Workforce. Please contact the North Central Texas Workforce office at 817-594-0049 to determine if you qualify for paid job training. For more information on financial assistance call 817-598-8870 or visit

Back to Top

What if my class is cancelled?
At times, classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Every effort is made to notify all registered students at the phone number(s) listed on the registration form. A full refund is processed unless you decide to transfer to another course or section.

What if I must drop a class?
Cancellations must be received at least one business day prior to the first day of class in order to receive a 100% course refund. No refunds or transfers will be made on or after the first class day.

What is the Refund Policy?
If a student withdraws before the first day of class or if the class is cancelled, a refund is mailed from the college business office. A refund generally takes four weeks to be processed. No refunds will be made on or after the day the class begins.

Do I need a parking permit?
At time of registration, Workforce Education students must obtain a parking permit based on the following:

• Classes for 14 days or less – no charge
• Classes for more than 14 days – $2.00

Parking permits may be obtained at the Workforce Education office.

Back to Top

Do I need a Student I.D.?
A WC Student ID will allow you to access campus resources and services.

Where do I buy my books and supplies?
New and used books may be purchased at the Weatherford College Bookstore located in the Doss Student Center. The bookstore is open Monday through Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Summer hours are Monday through Thursday 7:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and closed Fridays. If the class does not make, full refunds will be given only for books, diskettes and CD ROMs if unused, unmarked and accompanied by the receipt. The bookstore number is 817-598-6286.

Will I receive a grade for completion of a Workforce education course?
Yes, you will receive a grade of Satisfactory (S) or Unsatisfactory (U) based on course work and at least 80% participation in the course.

Will I earn CEUs for work-related training?
Yes, most work-related training is measured in Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Nationally recognized, one CEU represents 10 class hours of participation. A CEU certificate will be given to students who successfully meet the course completion requirements.

A Workforce Education transcript may be requested from the Student Services Office (STSV) at no charge. The request must include your name, social security number, and/or student ID number. In order for Workforce Education courses to appear on your transcript, you must request a combined transcript.

Workforce Education has established an “Articulation Agreement” in order to convert CEUs to semester credit hours for certain courses taught by SAC’s credentialed instructors under the specific conditions of the agreement. Completion of the Articulation Agreement enables the student to apply hours earned toward a credit certificate or degree. Transference does not impact the student’s grade point average.

Back to Top

Who do I notify regarding special services and student accommodations?
Services for students with disabilities or special educational needs are available through the Student Services Office. If you are a student with a disability and need special accommodations, contact the Special Services Director at 817-598-6350. Requests need to be on file before the class begins.

Will I have access to the Weatherford College Library while enrolled in Workforce education classes?
Workforce Education students may access all Weatherford College Library services with their ID.

How do I know if classes are cancelled because of inclement weather?
If severe weather causes the College to delay opening for classes and/or scheduled events or close entirely, information will be relayed to students and staff as soon as possible through the Coyote Alert System, as well as posted on our Web site, (, and recorded at our main switchboard number, 817-594-5471.

Additionally, information will be announced on local radio station KYQX 89.5 FM and on area media: KXAS, Channel 5 TV; KJSA 1140 AM (Mineral Wells); KTFW 92.1FM/1460 AM; WBAP 820; KDFW, Channel 4; WFAA, Channel 8, and KTVT, Channel 11.

Back to Top

How may I place an item of concern (Grievance/Appeal) on record?
A concern regarding a Workforce Education class or an appeal to a student dismissal from a Workforce Education class must be filed within 5 days of the incident. An “Item of Concern” form may be obtained from the Workforce Education staff on any campus.

Is there a Senior Citizen Discount available for Workforce Education classes?
If you are 65 years or older and request the Senior Citizen Discount at registration, you may be eligible to receive discounted tuition for certain classes. A copy of your current driver’s license must accompany the registration form.

May I enroll in a Workforce Education class if I am under the age of 18? 
If you are under 18 years of age, a Workforce Education administrator and the course instructor must approve any waiver of age limitations for a course. A “Consent/Release” form must be completed at registration for any minor and requires the signature of a legal parent or legal guardian.

Do I need a Meningitis Vaccine?
No, if you are only enrolling in Workforce Education courses or programs less than 360 hours. You will need the vaccine if you are enrolling in academic credit courses, are under 22 years of age, and a new student who has never previously attended an institution of higher education or a student who has previously attended an institution of higher education and is re-enrolling in the same or another institution after a break in enrollment of at least one fall or spring semester. Proof of meningitis vaccination must be received at least 10 days prior to the class start date. Meningitis vaccination is not required for students enrolled in only online courses or other distance education courses or who are 22 years of age or older.

Back to Top