If there is reason to believe that a student is missing from the premises, whether or not the student resides on campus, Campus Police and the Executive Dean of Student Services will make every possible effort(s) to locate the student and determine his/her state of well-being in accordance with WC policy.
- If the student lives on-campus, Campus Police and the Office of Student Services will coordinate efforts to locate the student, including conducting a welfare check into his/her room in serious circumstances.
- If the student lives off-campus, the Executive Dean of Student Services will enlist the support of local police; concurrently, Weatherford College officials will make every effort to determine the student’s whereabouts through contact with friends, associates, teachers, and/or the student’s employer.
- If the student is located, verification of the student’s state of health and intention of returning to WC shall conclude the search.
- If the student is not located, the Executive Dean of Student Services shall notify the immediate family within 24 hours of receiving the initial missing student report that the whereabouts of the student is unknown.
- If the missing student resides off-campus, family members or associates are encouraged to file an official missing person’s report with the local police department. Campus Police and Student Services will cooperate, aid, and assist local and state law enforcement officials as prescribed by law and/or mutual aid agreements.
- If the student lives on-campus, Weatherford College Police and Student Services will conduct an official investigation in conjunction with local police officials as the primary investigation unit.
All relevant law enforcement agencies in the area, including those of the student’s normal route(s) of travel and his or her hometown P.D. will be notified and asked to render assistance with the search. All law enforcement agencies involved in the search will receive routine investigation status reports issued by WC Campus Police during the course of the investigation.