Weatherford College is proud to be awarded “Military Friendly School” and “Military Advanced Education” recognition for several years. We are proud to be able to serve the educational needs of military veterans and their families. All veteran education benefits are accepted. All degree programs listed in our catalog are VA approved. Veterans are welcomed and encouraged to communicate to the Veterans' Counselor, any special circumstances of disability accommodations you may need.
Military veterans who are new students or are transferring to Weatherford College need to com-
plete all applicable items in the New Student Checklist and provide any documents needed by the WC Veteran's Office. You can submit all documents and correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Veteran Affairs is available to assist with:
- Montgomery G.I. Bill (Chapter 30)
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- New G.I. Bill (Chapter 33)
- Dependent's and Survivor's Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill for Selective Reserves (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- Hazelwood Act
Prior to receiving financial education benefits, you will be required to provide:
- Application for Benefits
- DD-214 (Separation Papers)
- Military Transcripts
- All Previous College Transcripts
- NOBE - DD Form 2384 - NG/Reserves
Helpful Online Resources
Important Information: Under the new regulations of the GI Bill (Chapter 33), beginning August 1st, 2009, Active Duty Personnel will have the opportunity transfer benefits to dependents. Additional documents will be required. Please contact Mr. Ralph Willingham for more information.
Director of Admissions
Coyote News Story: "Veterans Center is a new addition to the WC campus"