You are here

Types of Financial Aid


Consortium Agreements


Information on grants may be found in the WC catalog under Financial Aid.

A Federal Pell Grant does not have to be repaid as long as you attend your classes. Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a Bachelor's or professional degree. Award amounts range from $326 to $3048 per semester for 2018-19 year or from $328 to $3098 per semester for the 2019-20 year based on 12 hrs or more. Federally funded grant program awarded based on financial need as determined by the (FAFSA) Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You do not have to be enrolled full time to receive a Federal Pell Grant. If you qualify, the Pell Grant will be pro-rated downward if you enroll in less than 12 semester hours.

Students are limited on how long they can receive a Federal Pell Grant. A student can receive up to 600% of a full-time equivalent. For example, if a student was full-time for 6 years and received 100% of their Schedule Award, then this limit would apply to them. If a student is less than full-time and only received 50% of their scheduled award for any given year, then you would simply add the percentages per year until they reach the 600% percent limit. Once this limit is reached by the student, they can no longer receive the Federal Pell Grant no matter what college they attend.

A student is not grandfathered based on when they entered the Pell Grant program. The Department of Education’s ruling is all years count toward the 600% regardless of when they started.

  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid Is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need; that is, students with the lowest Expected Family Contributions (EFC's).
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) The FSEOG is a grant for undergraduates with exceptional financial need: that is, students with the lowest Expected Family Contributions (EFC's). Priority is given to students who receive Federal Pell Grants. The amount ranges from $250 to $500 per semester. 
  • Texas Education Opportunity Grant (TEOG) The Texas Educational Opportunity Grant (TEOG), formerly known as Texas II Grant, is a supplemental grant established by Texas Legislature to assist needy Texas residents who are pursuing a degree or certificate at the community college level. Students who have completed 30 hours or more are not eligible for this grant. You must have completed the minimum program in high school. You must have an EFC of 2000 or less based on the FAFSA application. 
  • Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) State grant program that is generally for students who do not qualify for the Pell Grant or Seog. The award will range from $14 to $1,250 per semester based on half-time enrollment.


  • Work Study Programs
    Federal and state funded programs to promote part-time employment of students to gain practical work experience. Students must complete FAFSA. 
  • Visit the Work Study Page to see available work study positions.

Back to Top


  • Weatherford College Foundation Scholarships
    WC scholarships with varying criteria for acceptance.
  • Performing Scholarships
    Available for art, baseball, softball, basketball, communications, cheerleading, choir, drama, jazz band, leadership & rodeo and require full-time enrollment. 
  • Honor Graduate Scholarships
    Valedictorian of any accredited Texas high school is eligible for a one-year scholarship at WC as long as they attend immediately following high school graduation. Salutatorian and Valedictorian graduates from accredited high schools in the counties of Parker, Hood, Jack, Palo Pinto and Wise are eligible for a scholarship covering tuition and fees (excluding parking fees) and books (on-loan) each long semester (fall, spring) for two years immediately following high school graduation. Students must be full-time.
  • Project Opportunity Scholarship Program
    Provided by Weatherford civic leaders and others for Weatherford High School graduates who have met certain academic and personal guidelines to apply for scholarship assistance to be used at WC. Students should contact their high school counselor or the coordinator of this program at Weatherford ISD.


There are Exemptions and Waivers that could cover tuition, and some fees, if you qualify. For more information, contact WC Financial Aid Office. You can also see information at College for All Texans.   

Appropriate forms can be scanned as a PDF to the Financial Aid email: or faxed to 817-598-6206. Documentation must be received by the official census day of the term requested; otherwise, the exemption may not be honored. Most exemptions must meet SAP.

Adoption or Foster Care Exemption: need a form from Texas Department of Family & Protective Services to cover tuition/fees. 

Blind or Deaf Exemption: need a form from Texas Department of Family & Protective Services to cover tuition/fees. 

Child or Spouse of Deceased Public Servant Exemption: need to provide statement from agency of public service to cover tuition/fees, books, and housing. 

Firefighter Exemption: need letter of good standing from fire department signed by WC Public Safety Professions Department (Fire) to cover tuition/fees, no parking fee. 

Hazlewood Exemption: to cover tuition/fees.

Peace Officer Exemption: need letter of good standing verifying eligibility signed by WC Public Safety Professions Department (Law Enforcement) to cover tuition/fees for Law Enforcement or Criminal Justice classes only. 

Nurse Preceptor and Children Exemption: need application request and signed contract of preceptor agreement to cover up to $500 in tuition. 

Senior Citizen Exemption: need copy of valid Texas Drivers License or ID card to verify minimum age of 65; can be for credit classes up to 6 hours tuition only or for audit classes tuition/fees. 

Valedictorian Exemption: need document or letter stating first place honor from Texas high school to cover tuition; if you graduated high school from one of the WC service area counties (Parker, Wise, Palo Pinto, Hood, or Jack), this could cover tuition/fees for 2 years (fall and spring) immediately following high school graduation plus books loaned. 

Employee Exemption: must have signed Tuition Exemption Request. 


All students who have never had a loan at WEATHERFORD COLLEGE must follow these directions, even if you have had student loans in the past at other schools!

  1. Complete the FAFSA process.
  2. Complete online Entrance Counseling for UNDERGRADUATE students. 
  3. Complete electronic (MPN) Master Promissory Note (only if first time at WC). Must use FSA I.D. to sign the MPN.

Please visit the Loans page for more information about loans.

  • Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
  • Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
  • Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan

Back to Top

Consortium Agreements

A student may be eligible to enter into a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement between another institution and Weatherford College for the purpose of providing federal financial assistance to the student. Students must be dual enrolled in both institutions.

Weatherford College participates in Consortium Agreements with Tarleton State University and Midwestern State University.

For Tarleton State University: 

Steps to Participate in Tarleton State University’s Financial Aid Consortium Program 

  1. Pick up a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement Certification Form at the Registrar’s office or the Financial Aid Office at Tarleton State University or print one of the forms. 
  2. Complete the top portion of the Certification Home Institution portion of page one and sign the middle of page two. 
  3. Bring your schedule form the community college to your Tarleton State University academic advisor to ensure the courses will count towards your degree. Upon agreement, the advisor will sign the form. 
  4. Take the form to the Financial Aid Office of the Host Institution (community college) and have them complete the Certification Host Institution box on page two. 
  5. Take the form to the Registrar's Office of the Host Institution (community college) and have them complete the bottom portion on page two. Tarleton State University MUST be notified within two business days if there is a change in enrollment status (i.e. drop/add courses, withdrawal, etc.) 
  6. The final step is to return the completed form along with the community college's schedule to the Registrar's Office for processing. Incomplete forms WILL NOT be accepted. You will receive a confirmation email at your email account once your agreement has been processed or if additional information is required. Any incomplete consortium agreements will be held for 10 days then will be marked as not processed. 
  7. You must request that an OFFICIAL transcript to be sent to Tarleton State University immediately upon completion of the courses at the community college. A hold will be placed on your record until this transcript is received. 

This process must be completed EACH semester. INCOMPLETE forms will not be accepted. Consortiums will only be processed for the Fall and Spring semesters. Consortiums cannot be used in the Summer Terms.

Please contact the Registrar’s Office or Financial Aid Office at Tarleton State University, if you have any questions about this program. 

Back to Top

For Midwestern State University, please contact: 

Steps for securing your Consortium Agreement with MSU 

A student who wishes to have a consortium completed must print and complete the 'Consortium Agreement' form in accordance with the following (NOTE: Incomplete forms will not be accepted): 

  1. Complete your student information AND indicate the number of hours for which you will be enrolled at each institution AND indicate the Host institution you will be attending. Also, indicate the enrollment period for which you are requesting the consortium; CHECK ONLY ONE ENROLLMENT PERIOD as you must complete a separate consortium form for EACH enrollment period for which you are requesting the consortium. 
  2. List the course(s) for which you will enroll at the Host institution. Visit with your MSU academic advisor to ensure the course(s) will apply towards your MSU degree. NOTE: Read this important information regarding Repeating Coursework. 
  3. Upon agreement, your MSU academic advisor must complete/sign the consortium form to confirm the course(s) will apply towards your MSU degree. 
  4. Complete your student information. Then, YOU (the student) must submit the form (Steps 1-4) to the Host institution’s Financial Aid Office to complete/certify the Consortium Agreement. 

The Host institution MUST return the completed form (Steps 1-4) to the MSU Financial Aid Office. You, the student, may not deliver the completed form to the MSU Financial Aid Office as the form MUST be submitted via the Host institution's Financial Aid Office. 

Remember to allow 2-3 weeks for the consortium request to be processed by the MSU Financial Aid Office upon receipt of the completed certification from the Host institution. 

For any questions about the program, contact MSU Financial Aid Office 940-397-4214.

Enrollment Status

The amount of financial aid a student receives is based on his or her enrollment status on the day after the census date and awards will be adjusted accordingly. Enrollment status will be determined according to the following: Full-time: 12 semester hours or more; Three quarter-time: 9-11 semester hours; Half-time: 6-8 semester hours; Less than half-time 1-5 semester hours. Flex courses (Fall, Spring or Summer) will be excluded from the student's enrollment status until attendance has been confirmed after the official census date of the flex course. There is a 30-semester hour limit for remedial coursework for any individual student. Remedial hours attempted beyond the 30-hour limit will not be included in course load for determining enrollment status. Repeated courses for the third and beyond attempt will not count in enrollment status. Courses that do not count toward a student's degree or certificate, with the exception of remedial courses, cannot be included to determine his or her enrollment status. If the student enrolls in a flex course (Fall, Spring or Spring, Summer I or Summer II) or in a mini-mester that is included as part of the next semester (December or May mini), the student's final enrollment status for determining grant eligibility that semester is the day after the census date for the semester of the last course taken. If a student drops, withdraws from or adds a class on or before the census date, the student's enrollment status will be adjusted and the student's grant aid recalculated. Recalculations will include both increases and decreases in enrollment up to the census date of the student's last class.

Back to Top

Disbursement of Awards

All grants, loans and scholarships are electronically credited to a student's account and can be applied toward the student's tuition and fees, book and dorm charges. The student may also provide written authorization to charge minor prior year institutional charges of $200 or less, or any other educationally related cost to their financial aid account. Grant, scholarship and loan balances will be disbursed by the Business Office within 14-days of the official census date of the semester and regularly thereafter. Grant, scholarship and loan balances for students enrolled in the second compressed semester (Fall, Spring and Summer) will be disbursed within 14 days after "Census day" after the beginning of that semester as per federal regulations. For students who complete their file after the semester is completed, their award will be based upon their final enrollment status and will include only courses completed (includes earned F's, in progress and incompletes), and dropped classes or withdrawals will not be included in determining enrollment status.

The Business Office processes refunds weekly. Financial aid refunds will be placed on the student's Coyote Card unless student has designated a different direct deposit account. Students who do not have a Coyote card or who do not designate a direct deposit account will be mailed a check. Any financial aid awards will first be applied to the balance due Weatherford College before being issued to the student. Students who fail to establish eligibility, don't begin attendance in each class or don't attend their classes thru count day, will have their financial assistance reduced or canceled. Students employed through the work-study program are paid monthly. Time sheets must be submitted on the appropriate dates each month in order to receive a paycheck. Students who fail to submit their time sheet by the designated date, will not receive payment until the following pay period.

Back to Top

Return of Title IV Funds Policy

Weatherford College returns unearned funds received from Federal student assistance programs to the proper program accounts or lenders in accordance with Federal Title IV student assistance regulations, as amended, under 34 CFR, section 668.22(a) of the Reauthorization of the Higher Education Act of 1965, with rules of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and with district board policies.

The student receiving assistance from Federal Title IV programs is required to complete a minimum number of hours for which aid was received. If the student completely withdraws from school during the semester, or quits attending, but fails to officially withdraw, the student may be required to return the unearned part of the funds which were received to help pay educational expenses for the semester. Liability for return of Federal Title IV funds will be determined according to the following guidelines:

  1. If the student remains enrolled and attends class beyond the 60% mark of the semester in which aid is received, all federal aid is considered earned and not subject to this policy.
  2. If the student completely withdraws from all Title IV eligible classes before completing 60% of the semester, a pro-rated portion of the federal aid received must be returned to the federal aid programs equal to the percentage of the semester remaining.
  3. If all eligible aid was not already disbursed to the student before the student withdrew, the earned portion of aid will be paid to the student as a post-withdrawal disbursement within 30 days of the Date of Determination that the student has withdrawn.
  4. If the student does not officially withdraw from classes, and stops attending all classes, a pro-rated portion of the federal aid received, based on the documented last date of attendance, must be returned to the federal aid programs. If the college is unable to document the last date of attendance, one-half of all federal aid received during the semester must be returned to the federal aid programs.
  5. If a student withdraws from all classes prior to disbursement of funds, a post withdrawal calculation will be conducted to determine the actual amount of earned funds. In some instances, students will be asked to provide confirmation to accept or return some or part of the earned funds.

Return of Federal Title IV (R2T4) funds will be distributed according to statutory regulations with 45 days of the Date of Determination on the R2T4 worksheet. The funds will be returned to the appropriate federal programs in the order mandated by the regulation in section 34 CFR 668.22(i). The current order of distribution occurs with money returned to Unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford loans, Subsidized Federal Direct Stafford loans, Federal Perkins loans (WC does not participate in the Perkins loan program), Federal Direct Parent Plus loans, Federal Pell Grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (SEOG), and Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants. Worksheets provided by the U.S. Department of Education or calculations produced through the Poise Student Information System and Return of Funds (ROF) program will be used to determine the amounts and order of return. If a student's share of the return amount exists, the student will be notified and allowed 45 days from the date of determination to return the funds to the business office of the college for deposit into the federal programs accounts. If the student does not return the amount owed within the 45-day period, the amount of overpayment will be reported to the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) via the National Student Loan Database (NSLDS) and the student will be referred to the USDE for resolution of the debt.

Examples of how this policy is applied are available upon written request to Weatherford College, Office of Financial Aid, 225 College Park Drive, Weatherford, Texas, 76086.

For the purposes of this policy, withdrawal refers to a total withdrawal from all course work at the College.

Weatherford College does not offer a Leave of Absence at this time.

Important Notice: If you have been awarded any scholarships or other financial aid, you must notify the Financial Aid Office. Your total aid package (from all sources) cannot exceed your need as figured by the Dept. of Educ., and adjustments to your aid package will be made if you receive any other aid through different sources not specified on this form. 

Awards Will Be Made Only After All Required Validation Documentation Has Been Received by the Financial Aid Office. You must attend class in order to receive credit from any financial aid that has been awarded. Any violation of the above listed conditions will void any and all financial aid forthcoming and, in some cases, a refund of aid already received may be required by Weatherford College. Attendance will be verified by official class rosters.

Non-attendance through official census date will result in removal of all financial aid without further notice. Students who receive federal financial aid that totally withdraw from classes or stop attending classes may be required to repay a portion of the financial aid received for that term. Please check with the financial aid office prior to withdrawing from classes.

Students must enroll in classes that count toward an approved degree or certificate program. Financial aid will not pay for classes not on an approved degree or certificate program. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure they enroll in the appropriate classes. If the student receives financial aid for a class not on their degree or certificate program, the student will be responsible for paying back those funds.

Back to Top