You are here


Back to Top

I am new to Financial Aid. What forms and documents will I need to apply for the Pell Grant, all these other grants, student loans and scholarships?

For any grant, including the PELL Grant, work study and student loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You should also be prepared to provide WC with copies of various documents, if requested. For student loans, you must also complete additional forms, including a Master Promissory Note. Many of the required forms are available at our website

I have been attending another college and want to transfer to Weatherford College.

When you completed the FAFSA application and you did not add WC as one of the schools to receive a copy of FAFSA application, then you need to login to the website and make a correction and ADD WC in the school section. Once you make this correction, we should receive the application within 7 days or so. At that time, we will process the application and notify you of any further documentation that we may need such as copy of previous years tax returns, w-2 forms, and verification worksheets, etc.

 Are there any other requirements?

Yes. There are several general eligibility requirements financial aid recipients must meet. A student must: be a US citizen or an eligible noncitizen; be registered with selective service; show documented financial need; be enrolled in an eligible program, and working toward a degree or certificate offered at WC; not be in default on a student loan or owe a refund on any educational grant; and not have a conviction for violating any federal or state drug possession or sale law while the student was receiving federal student aid.

What if I have a drug conviction?

A drug-related conviction does not necessarily make you ineligible for aid; call 1-800-433-3243 or go to to find out if you are eligible.

What is Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)?

Students who receive federal and/or state funds administered by the WC office of Financial Aid must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress in order to remain eligible. The students academic record at WC is used to measure satisfactory progress and all periods of enrollment at WC must be counted, including any semesters in which the student did not receive financial aid. Some financial aid programs have additional satisfactory academic progress requirements.

How can I make an address change, make corrections, request a duplicate copy, check the status of my application, or list WC on my Student Aid Report?

You can call 1-800-433-3243, or you can make those changes over the Internet at once you have a PIN. Instructions are available at the website.

What is a PIN?

Once you have applied for financial aid, you will be emailed or mailed a PIN. This allows you access to your information. To protect the privacy of your information, you must keep your PIN secret. If you need a PIN, have lost or forgotten your PIN, or if you think someone else knows your PIN, you can request a new one at

How will I get my money?

All grants and scholarships are electronically credited to your student account. You can also provide written authorization to charge your books and supplies purchased through the campus bookstore to your financial aid account.

Back to Top

What if I still have a balance on my account after all of my institutional charges are paid?

Financial aid refunds are now deposited into your Coyote Card or Direct Deposit.

When does the financial aid office determine my enrollment status?

If the student enrolls in a compressed semester (Fall, Spring, Summer I or Summer II) or in a mini-mester that is included as part of the previous semester (May mini), the student's final enrollment status for determining grant eligibility that semester is the census date for the semester of the last course taken. If a student drops, withdraws from or adds a class before the census date, the student's enrollment status will be adjusted and the student's grant eligibility recalculated based upon any changes in enrollment status through that census date. Recalculations will include both increases and decreases in enrollment up to the census date of the student's last class.

How do I determine my enrollment status?

A full-time student is enrolled in 12 or more hours. A three-quarter time student is enrolled in 9-11 hours. A half-time student is enrolled in 6-8 hours. A less-than-half time student is enrolled in 1-5 hours.

I noticed my award letter is for full-time enrollment. What happens if I enroll in fewer hours?

Your awards may be decreased. If you would like to know your award for less than full time enrollment, use the following percentages to get an approximate award amount: three-quarter time students multiply the award by 75%, half-time students multiply the award by 50% and less-than-half-time students multiply the award by 25%. Not all students that qualify for a Pell Grant at full-time enrollment will qualify for one at less-than-full-time enrollment.

When will I get my refund check?

They will be disbursed by the business office approximately 10-14 days after the official census day of the semester.

Back to Top

I have not passed the TAAS/TAKS test. Will financial aid pay for remedial classes?

Financial aid will pay for 30 hours of remedial coursework. Remedial hours attempted beyond the 30-hour limit will not be included in course load for the determining enrollment status. You will not receive any financial aid if you are enrolled in Foundational Math.

Will financial aid pay for all the classes I want to take?

In order to receive financial aid, you must be taking classes that work toward a degree or certificate offered at WC. If a student is enrolled in courses that do not count toward their degree or certificate, they cannot be used to determine enrollment status.

What programs are eligible for financial aid?

These programs are listed in the Eligibility Section.

What happens if I withdraw from school?

Federal regulations require a portion of the student's financial aid be returned if the student withdraws or stops attending before completing over 60% of the semester. This could result in you owing money to WC and or the federal government. The required calculation is based on the date the student began the withdraw process, the student's last date of attendance at an academically related activity or midpoint of the semester for a student who leaves without notifying WC.

I am thinking about also going to school during the summer. Will I receive financial aid?

Texas Public Education Grants and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, unless otherwise stated, are for the Fall and Spring semesters. They will not be carried forward to the Summer semester.  If you do not earn your maximum full-time Pell grant award during the Fall thru Spring semesters, your Pell Grant may be carried forward for the summer semester. Before the summer semester starts, contact the financial aid office to determine if you have any remaining eligibility. A Summer Statement of Intent is required. A Summer Loan Request Form is required as well, if you want a summer loan.

I still owe money for the installment plan. Will my financial aid be applied to my remaining balance?

Yes. When your financial aid is posted to your account, any unpaid institutional charges (tuition and fees, books and dorm) will be paid before you receive any cash money.

Back to Top

Do I have to apply for financial aid each year?

YES! We like to tell students to apply for financial aid the same time they complete their tax returns.

So, is that all I need to know?

In order to obtain financial aid at WC, you will need to complete an Admissions application and have your High School or G.E.D transcript on file at the Registrar's Office. If you have been to any other college or trade school, you must also have current official academic transcripts from those schools on file at the Registrar's Office. If you have attended WC previously, you must demonstrate satisfactory academic progress.

When is the Financial Aid office open?

Regular office hours are: 
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Friday

Summer hours are:
8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
Closed on Friday.

What is your address?

Weatherford College
Attn: Financial Aid Office

225 College Park Drive
Weatherford, Texas 76086

Back to Top