You are here


In general, a student must meet the following requirements to qualify for Title IV financial aid:

  • Be a high school graduate or have a GED
  • Be either a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
  • For non-citizens who are classified as Texas Residents SEE TASFA
  • Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program
  • Make satisfactory academic progress in a course of study
  • Not be in default of any educational loans at any school attended; or, if in default, must have made satisfactory repayment arrangements
  • Not owe a refund on grants at any school attended
  • Sign a statement of educational purpose, stating that the student will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
  • Sign a statement of registration, if a male, indicating that he has registered with the Selective Service or that he is not required to register; and
  • Have a valid Social Security number

In addition to the requirements above, first year students, transfer students and returning undergraduates must meet the specific requirements below.

Bachelor’s Degree Students

Please Note: If you already have a Bachelor’s degree, you must be accepted into a specialty program in order to receive Federal Student Aid, such as Student Loans. You are not eligible for Pell Grants.

Specialty programs include:
LVN, RN, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Phlebotomy, Cosmetology, EMS, Sonography, Radiology Technician, Fire Service Administration, Respiratory Care, etc.

  • Please contact the financial aid office, if you have any questions to see if your program of study is eligible.
  • If you have a Bachelor’s degree from a non-accredited school, for Federal Student Aid purposes, you are considered to have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
  • If you have a Bachelor’s degree from another country other than the United States of America, this still counts as a Bachelor’s degree.

First Year / Transfer Undergraduates

  • Have clear admission to WC. Students admitted as Provisional or Transient are not eligible for aid.

Returning Undergraduates

Eligible and Non-Eligible Programs

Financial Aid will only fund programs that meet the federal definition of eligibility. We offer both certificate and Associate degree programs but not all of them are eligible for federal student aid.

One-year Certificate programs (Federal financial aid eligible)

  1. Child Care Provider/Assistant
  2. Web Development
  3. Database Programming
  4. Equine Production & Management
  5. Veterinary Assisting 
  6. LVN (Nursing)
  7. Business Administration Certificate
  8. Accounting Clerk
  9. Gaming Design & Programming
  10. Desktop Web Publishing Certificate
  11. Administrative Assistant
  12. Cosmetology
  13. Office Clerk
  14. Paramedic Certificate
  15. Fire Science / Fire Fighting
  16. Substance Abuse Counseling
  17. Information Systems
  18. Cosmetology Instructor
  19. Networking Systems
  20. Phlebotomy

Back to Top

Associate Degree Programs (Federal financial aid eligible)

  1. Child Development
  2. Information Technology
  3. Office Technology
  4. Equine Production & Management
  5. Occupational Therapy Assistant
  6. Physical Therapy Assistant
  7. EMS Degree (EMT - Paramedic)
  8. Sonography
  9. Radiology Technology
  10. Nursing (AASN, RN)
  11. Business Administration
  12. Accounting
  13. Cosmetology
  14. Network Security
  15. Criminal Justice - Corrections (Does not include Police Academy)
  16. Criminal Justice Law - Law Enforcement (Does not include Policy Academy)
  17. Fire Science Administration
  18. Fire Protection & Safety Technology
  19. Human Service Provider
  20. Respiratory Care
  21. Associate of Arts - Teaching
  22. General Studies - Associate of Arts
  23. General Studies - Associate of Science

NON-Degree (Not eligible for Federal student aid)

  1. EMT Basic (Not eligible for Federal or State financial aid)
  2. Welding Technician (High School only)
  3. Automotive Technician (High School only)
  4. Basic Welding (High School only)
  5. Truck Driving Academy (limited institutional financial aid available through Workforce Education, if student is eligible.)
  6. Workforce Education classes (limited institutional aid may be available through Workfoce Education)

Back to Top