The Office of Student Financial Assistance Weatherford College is committed to providing superior service to our students, and to fair and equitable treatment in awarding financial assistance. We are pleased to know that you have chosen WC and would like to help you in meeting the costs of attending college. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our office at 817-598-6295 to speak to a Financial Assistance Advisor. Below you will see the application requirements for your classification:
Receipt of scholarship(s) can affect your financial aid package. To help us create the most current and accurate award, please notify your advisor if you will be receiving a scholarship.
Verification is a process through which the Department of Student Financial Aid verifies the information you reported on your FAFSA. Federal regulations require all institutions to perform verification on a percentage of applicants who file for financial aid. Applicants are randomly selected for verification. If you are chosen for verification, you will be notified of the required documents through the email account you provided on the FAFSA form.
If you are selected for verification you will be required to submit the following:
For Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017:
- Your 2015 Tax Return Transcript now must come straight from the IRS
- Your parents' (if applicable) 2015 Tax Return Transcript from IRS.
- WC Financial Aid Verification Worksheet found on the Financial Aid Forms page.
Any discrepancies found by our department must be corrected and your financial aid eligibility may be affected. This process can delay your aid, so please respond immediately to any requests from our department. The verification process normally takes 10-20 days from the time the final document is turned in. Should you fail to submit all required documentation; financial aid will not be awarded and/or disbursed. If funds were disbursed prior to your selection for verification, they may be cancelled until your file is complete.
Students may be required to submit additional documentation even though they have not been selected for Verification. These documents may relate to citizenship status, veteran status, and/or orphan status. If requested, please submit the additional documentation immediately to the department because your aid can be delayed.
Tips for Completing the FAFSA
- Apply as early as possible! The FAFSA is available January 1 of each year.
- The fastest, easiest and most accurate way to apply is on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- List your school choices and their Title IV school codes. The Title IV School Code for WC is 003664.
- Complete all income and asset information. Do not leave it blank. If the answer is zero, enter a zero in the blank.
- Appropriate individuals (student and/or parent) must sign the FAFSA. Missing signatures will delay your processing. You must sign the FAFSA using your PIN number. To apply for a PIN, visit the PIN web site. Both student and/or parent must use the PIN number for their electronic signature on the web based FAFSA application. If you do not sign with the PIN, then your application will be considered an error and will delay any processing time.
- Verify your answers and check for accuracy. Errors will delay the process.
- Make a copy of your completed FAFSA application. Retain a copy for your records.
~ Back to Top