You are here

Fall 2017, Spring 2018, Summer 2018

Financial status verification forms must be filled out and returned to the Financial Office by the deadline printed on the forms.

Effective May 1, 2017, U.S. Department of Education has given schools the authority to temporary use 1040 forms instead of the tax transcripts for verification purposes only.

• Here are some things to keep in mind:

1.  The tax from must be from the 2015 tax year.

2.  The first two pages of the 1040, or 1040A or 1040EZ is what we look for.

3.  If there is a business profile/Loss the Schedule C or CEZ will be required.

4.  The 1040 forms must be in printed form. They cannot be hand written. You may obtain
      these forms from companies such as H & R Block, Jackson Hewitt, etc.

5.  The 1040 form regardless of which one you file, MUST be signed and dated. You
     can sign and date them the day you submit them to us.

• What is NOT acceptable:

1.  The 1040 forms that are hand written.

2.  Summaries or recaps of the tax return.

• What if you cannot get a 1040 form without it costing you?

1.  You must get a tax transcript from the IRS, which is free.

• Amended taxes:

1.  The 1040X form is used for amended taxes. Again, they cannot be hand written. You
     must print your actual amended 1040x form or request an account tax transcript from
     the IRS. This form MUST be signed and dated.

Student's Sample:

Parent's Sample:

Schedule C:


~ Back to Top