You are here

Early Admissions & Dual Credit

The information below applies to dual credit students (a high school student who enrolls in a college-level course and receives simultaneous academic credit for the course from both the college and the high school) and early enrollment students (a high school student who enrolls
in a college-level course and receives academic credit only from the college).

Students wishing to obtain dual credit or early admission status must complete and submit the following to Weatherford College:

1.  The online Weatherford College Application for Admission via the Apply Texas website.

  • See the corresponding sheet for specific instructions on completing the online application for admission.

2.  The FERPA Form

  • The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Release section of this form
    is optional.
  • The FERPA Release only applies to students who wish to grant third party access to his/her educational records. High school principals and counselors already have access to the student’s educational records.
  • The FERPA Release must be completed each semester.

3.  Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Texas Application for
     State Financial Aid (TASFA) if you wish to be considered for the Dual Enrollment Grant
     (covers up to 6 semester credit hours per fall and spring semester; does not include fees
     or textbooks).

Back to Top

4.  Test scores

  • Students who do not possess exemption test (ACT, SAT, STAAR EOC, TSI) scores under the Texas Success Initiative requirements and need remediation will not be eligible to enroll in coursework in which they possess a deficiency.
  • Students who intend to take the TSI Assessment must complete the Pre-Assessment Activity prior to testing.

5.  Enroll in the appropriate classes through CoyoteConnect, our new registration system. Consult with your high school counselor to determine which course number and section number to enroll in.

6.  Pay for classes. Payments and payment plans can be arranged online through the
     student’s account. 

  • Payments in full can also be made at your local WC Educational Center (cash,
    check, credit card).

7.  Request any accommodations needed. Students who would like to request accommoda-
 under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), should contact the WC Disabilities
     Accommodations office, Dawn Kahlden at or 817-598-6350. 

  • Please note that these accommodations may not be the same accommodations
    afforded to you under the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) laws
    that are used at the high school level.   
  • For more information, please review the High School vs. College brochure.
  • Select HERE to obtain the Americans with Disabilities dual credit forms.

8.  Acquire required textbooks. Textbooks are required for all WC courses.

  • Textbooks can be purchased and/or rented at the WC Bookstore (817-598-6286 /
    Weatherford Campus; 940-626-3259 / Wise County Campus) in person, or over
    the phone, or online.

Please Remember:

Early enrollment students must maintain a grade of “C” or better in each course in order
to maintain satisfactory academic progress and/or to remain continuously enrolled.

  • Not maintaining satisfactory academic progress may impact financial aid eligibility 
    after high school graduation.

Back to Top

Rev: 08/10/20