Linking Students and Services for Success
SSS is located on the upper floor of the Student Services Building, Room 108.
The mission of Student Support Services (SSS) at Weatherford College is to increase the retention and graduation rates of income eligible, first generation college students and students with disabilities. This is accomplished by providing supportive services such as tutoring, academic counseling, personal counseling, skills workshops, financial aid assistance, and monitoring of student progress.”
To be eligible to receive services through the TRIO SSS Program you must:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at Weatherford College
- Be income eligible as outlined by federal guidelines; and/or,
- Be a first generation college student; and/or,
- Be a student with a documented disability; and,
- Meet the academic need criteria as established by the WC SSS Program; and,
- Be a citizen, national or permanent resident of the United States.
Benefits of Participation
Students who actively take advantage of SSS services, provided to them at no cost, enjoy benefits including but not limited to:
- Increased retention and graduation rates;
- Increased transfer rate from two-year to four-year institutions;
- An institutional climate supportive of their success.
Student Support Services is a federally funded program intended to increase the retention and graduation rates of income eligible, first generation college students and students with disabilities. This office is not intended for general registration of all students wishing to attend Weatherford College.
Student Support Services
225 College Park Drive
Weatherford, TX 76086