The Weatherford College Talent Search program serves 592 students from 14 area schools in the WC service area. The goal of Talent Search is to recruit 66% of the student participants from an under-represented background. The program works with students to increase their potential to succeed in higher education and post-secondary certificate programs.
Talent Search provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants encouraging them to graduate from high school and continue onto the post-secondary school of their choosing. The program also serves high school drop-outs encouraging them to re-enter the educational system to complete their high school education and receive their graduation diplomas.
Enrollment in the program is limited. Qualifications must be met. To qualify for Educational Talent Search, you must be:
The Talent Search staff will use the application to categorize you into one of the following categories:
- A first-generation college student (parents or guardians who do not hold a four-year college degree), and/or
- Economically qualified (guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Education), or
- Neither first-generation nor economically qualified. (This category is limited to 34% of our student total)
To apply for the WC Talent Search program, submit a completed application form which may be downloaded from this webpage, or obtained by contacting the Talent Search Office. You may deliver a completed form to your school counselor, or mail form to:
225 College Park Dr.
Weatherford, TX 76086
Benefits of Participation
WC Talent Search program offers tools to help middle and high school level student prepare for success in college.
Services for Middle School students:
- Test taking and study skills
- Assistance in planning high school courses
- Career Exploration
- Personality Assessment
- College Culture Awareness
Services for High School Students:
- Financial planning for college
- Assistance with college admissions and financial aid application processes
- Waiver of fees for college entrance examinations and college applications
- Career Counseling
- Personality Assessments
- Time Management
- Study Skills
Contact Talent Search
The Talent Search Program office is open during regular office hours on the main WC campus to serve students and parents daily. Educational counselors are available for workshops and presentations for middle and high school level students throughout the academic year. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-598-6497.