May 2017 Commencement
Graduation Commencement Ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 13, 2017.
1. Complete the Petition for Graduation Form located on myWC. This is located under the Student Services tab, select “Graduation” from the information box on the upper left side of the Student Services page.
- The deadline to submit the Petition for Graduation and have your name appear in the Commencement Program is February 19, 2017. The deadline to submit this form for participation in the commencement ceremony is April 1, 2017.
- You will be notified via your Campus Connect Student Account no later than April 15, 2017 whether or not you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony in May. The information will appear in the student information banner at the top of the Campus Connect screen after you log into the system.
2. Order your cap, gown, and diploma cover from the Weatherford College Bookstore. These items are required for participation in commencement. You may also order graduation invitations (optional) from the College Bookstore. Watch for notices from the Bookstore concerning order dates and prices. The College Bookstore phone number is 817-598-6286.
3. Phi Theta Kappa members may purchase the stole, honor cord, and tassel online from the
Phi Theta Kappa website (https://store.ptk.org/). Do not purchase key medallion, as you will not
be allowed to wear this during commencement. No Phi Theta Kappa items will be available for purchase at commencement, if you want these items, order online by April 3. If you have questions, contact Chapter Advisor, Dr. Trey Jansen. His office phone number is 817-598-6478 and is located in Room 101 in the Liberal Arts Building.
4. Graduation ceremonies will be held at the Weatherford High School Jerry Durant Auditorium, located at 2121 Bethel Rd, Weatherford, TX 76087. The morning ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. Students completing their Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Arts Teaching degrees will participate in the morning ceremony. The afternoon ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m. Students completing their Associate in Applied Science degree or Certificate Program will participate in the afternoon ceremony. Graduates will need to arrive at the high school one hour before the starting time of their ceremony. Report to the high school band hall. There will be staff on-site to direct you to the band hall location.
5. Issuing audience tickets may be necessary based on the number of graduates and the projected number of guests attending the ceremony. Typically, additional tickets are available,
if needed. Tickets will be distributed at the Main Campus Student Services Office and in the administrative offices of Mineral Wells, Wise County, and Granbury locations. Tickets will be distributed on:
- April 17 – Last names A-E
- April 18 – Last names F-K
- April 19 – Last names L-R
- April 20 – Last names S-Z
Contact the Registrar’s Office in Student Services, or at 817-598-6218, with questions about the graduation process.