May 2020 Commencement Announcement Update
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is with great regret we must inform you the commencement ceremony scheduled for May 9, 2020 has been postponed until further notice. We will continue to award your hard earned degrees as the end of term approaches. As we continue to gather more information, we will update our student population with the possibility of a rescheduled ceremony in August. For those of you who have not yet petitioned for May or August, please complete the form online www.wc.edu/petition-graduate.
1. Complete the Petition for Graduation Form located at www.wc.edu/petition-graduate.
The deadline to submit the Petition for Graduation and have your name appear in the Commencement Program is March 24, 2020. The deadline to submit this form for participation in the commencement ceremony is April 10, 2020.
You will be notified via your Campus Connect Student Account no later than April 20, 2020 whether or not you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony in May. The information will appear in the student information banner at the top of the Campus Connect screen after you log into the system, indicating whether or not you are Eligible to Walk.
2. Order your cap, gown, and diploma cover from the Weatherford College Bookstore. These items are required for participation in commencement. You may also order graduation invitations (optional) from the College Bookstore. Watch for notices from the Bookstore concerning order dates and prices. The College Bookstore phone number is 817-598-6286. The last day to purchase regalia is May 1, 2020. You must bring proof of your regalia purchase to the Student Services office to retrieve your guest tickets.
3. Phi Theta Kappa members may purchase the stole, honor cord, and tassel online from the Phi Theta Kappa website (www.ptk.org). These items may be worn during graduation. Do not purchase key medallion, as you will not be allowed to wear this during commencement. No Phi Theta Kappa items will be available for purchase at commencement. These items are not available at the WC Bookstore. If you want these items, order online by April 3rd. If you have questions, contact Chapter Advisor, Shantee Siebuhr. Her office phone number is 817-598-6444 and is located in The Welcome Center in the Academic Building.
4. Graduation ceremonies will be held at the Weatherford High School Jerry Durant Auditorium, located at 2121 Bethel Rd, Weatherford, TX 76087. The morning ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. Students completing their Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Arts Teaching degrees will participate in the morning ceremony. The afternoon ceremony will begin at 1:30 p.m. Students completing their Associate in Applied Science degree or Certificate Program will participate in the afternoon ceremony. Graduates will need to arrive at the high school one hour before the starting time of their ceremony in order to check in and have your photo taken. Report to the high school band hall. There will be staff on-site to direct you to the band hall location.
5. Guest tickets will be issued electronically to the student. All guests must have a ticket for entry. The number of guest tickets each graduate receives is based on the number of graduates and the projected number of guests attending the ceremony. April 24, electronic tickets will be distributed to the student for their guests through electronic ticketing.
Graduates must provide proof of having purchased a cap, gown, and diploma cover to the Student Services Office, in order to have your guest tickets reserved for you. Tickets will not be distributed without this proof. Additional tickets may be requested at the time the student reserves their original tickets. Extra tickets, if available, will be released May 6, 2020.
Contact the Registrar's Office in Student Services, or at 817-598-6463, with questions about the graduation process.