May 2016 Commencement
Graduation Commencement Ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 14, 2016
1. Complete the Petition for Graduation Form located on myWC. This is located under the
Student Services tab, select “Graduation” from the information box on the upper left side
of the Student Services page.
- The deadline to submit the Petition for Graduation and have your name appear in the Commencement Program is February 19, 2016. The deadline to submit this form for participation in the commencement ceremony is April 1, 2016.
- You will be notified via your Campus Connect Student Account no later than April 15, 2016 whether or not you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony in May. The information will appear in the student information banner at the top of the Campus Connect screen after you log into the system.
2. Order your cap, gown, and diploma cover from the Weatherford College Bookstore.
These items are required for participation in commencement. You may also order graduation
invitations (optional) from the College Bookstore. Watch for notices from the Bookstore con-
cerning order dates and prices. The College Bookstore phone number is 817-598-6286.
3. Phi Theta Kappa members may purchase the stole and tassel online from the Phi Theta
Kappa website (https://store.ptk.org/). Do not purchase the honor cords or the key medallion,
as you will not be allowed to wear them during commencement. No Phi Theta Kappa items
will be available for purchase at commencement, if you want these items, order online by
April 3. If you have questions, contact Chapter Advisor, Dr. Trey Jansen. His office phone
number is 817-598-6478 and is located in Room 101 in the Liberal Arts Building.
4. Graduation ceremonies will be held at the Weatherford High School Jerry Durant
Auditorium, located at 2121 Bethel Rd, Weatherford, TX 76087. The morning ceremony
will begin at 10:00 am. Students completing their Associate in Arts, Associate in Science,
or Associate in Arts Teaching degrees will participate in the morning ceremony. The after-
noon ceremony will begin at 2:00 pm. Students completing their Associate in Applied Science
degree or Certificate Program will participate in the afternoon ceremony. Graduates will need
to arrive at the high school one hour before the starting time of their ceremony. Report to the
high school band hall. There will be staff on site to direct you to the band hall location.
5. Issuing audience tickets may be necessary based on the number of graduates and the
projected number of guests attending the ceremony. Each graduate should receive at least
10 guest tickets. Typically, additional tickets are available if needed. Tickets will be distributed
in the Main Campus Student Services Office and in the administrative offices of Mineral Wells,
Wise County, and Granbury locations. Tickets will be distributed on:
- April 18 – Last names A-E
- April 19 – Last names F-K
- April 20 – Last names L-R
- April 21 – Last names S-Z
Contact the Registrar’s Office in Student Services, or at 817-598-6218, with questions about the graduation process.