MAY 2015 COMMENCEMENT
Graduation Commencement Ceremonies will be held Saturday, May 9, 2015
1. Complete the Petition for Graduation Form located on myWC. This is located under the Student Services tab. Select “Graduation” from the information box on the upper left side of the Student services page.
a. The deadline to submit the Petition for Graduation and have your name appear in the Commencement Program is February 16, 2015. The deadline to submit this form for participation in the commencement ceremony is April 10, 2015.
b. You will be notified via your Campus Connect Student Account no later than April 17, 2015 whether or not you are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony in May. The information will appear in the student information banner at the top of the Campus Connect screen after you log into the system.
2. Order your cap, gown, and diploma cover from the Weatherford College Bookstore. These items are required for participation in commencement. You may also order graduation invitations and pre-order a DVD of the ceremony (both are optional) from the College Bookstore. Watch for notices from the Bookstore concerning order dates and prices. The College Bookstore phone number is 817-598-6286.
3. Phi Theta Kappa members may purchase the stole and tassel online from the Phi Theta Kappa website. Do not purchase the honors cord or the key medallion, as you will not be allowed to wear them. No Phi Theta Kappa items will be available for purchase at the graduation ceremony. If you want these items, be sure to order them online by April 3. If you have any questions, contact Chapter Advisor Dr. Molly Harris via email: email@example.com. Her office is located in the LART 101, directly above the Success Connection.
4. Graduation ceremonies will be held at the Weatherford High School / Jerry Durant Auditorium located at 2121 Bethel Rd, Weatherford, TX 76087. The morning ceremony will begin at 10:00 a.m. Students completing their Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, or Associate in Arts Teaching degrees will participate in the morning ceremony. The afternoon ceremony will begin at 2:00 p.m. Students completing their Associate in Applied Science degree or Certificate Program will participate in the afternoon ceremony. Graduates will need to arrive at the high school one hour before the starting time of their ceremony. Report to the high school band hall. There will be staff on site to direct you to the band hall location.
5. Issuing audience tickets may be necessary based on the number of graduates and the projected number of guests attending the ceremony. Each graduate should receive at least 10 tickets. Typically, additional tickets are available if needed. Tickets will be distributed in the Student Services Offices on the following Schedule:
• April 20, 2015 – Last names A-E
• April 21, 2015 – Last names F-K
• April 22, 2015 – Last names L-R
• April 23, 2015 – Last names S-Z
Tickets may be picked up at the Main Campus or Education Centers in Wise County, Mineral Wells, and Granbury on the designated dates.
Contact the Registrar’s office in Student Services or at 817-598-6218 with questions about the graduation process.