Texas Government Code Section 659.026 (b) Information
- Weatherford College currently employs 294 full-time personnel.
- The College will receive state appropriations of $9,059,678 and $9,059,678 for fiscal
year 2020 and 2021.
- The Executive Director of Human Resources determines the compensation of executive staff with Executive Vice President or Presidential approval by using the established Administrative/Professional Pay Structures approved by the Board of Trustees.
- The college has had executive staff receive salary supplements in the past.
- A market average for similar executive staff in the private and public sectors is unknown.
- The average compensation paid to employees who are not executive staff is $58,233.
- The percentage increase in compensation of executive staff for each fiscal year of five preceding fiscal years is as follows: FY20 4.0%; FY19 3.0%; FY18 3.0%; FY17 3.0%; and FY16 3.0%.The percentage increase in legislative appropriations to the agency each fiscal year of the five preceding fiscal years is as follows: FY20 7.0%; FY19 0.0%; FY18 -5.0%; FY17 0.0%, and FY16 9.0%.
Texas Government Code Section 659.0201(b) Information
Texas Government Code, Section 659.0201(b), requires that a state agency that accepts a gift, grant, donation, or other consideration from a person that the person designates to be used as a salary supplement for an employee of the agency shall post on the agency's Internet website the amount of each gift, grant, donation, or other consideration provided by the person that is designated to be used as a salary supplement for an employee of the agency.
Currently, the following salary supplements are being paid by a donation:
- WC Basketball Booster Club donates $5,400 per year for an auto allowance for the head coaches of both the men’s and women’s basketball programs.
- WC Baseball Booster Club donates $5,400 per year for an auto allowance for the head baseball coach.
- WC Softball Booster Club donates $5,400 per year for an auto allowance for the head softball coach.
- WC Rodeo Booster Club donates $5,400 per year for an auto allowance for the head rodeo coach.
Currently, the following salary supplements are being paid by a grant:
- Weatherford College receives grant funding from The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board for the Professional Nursing Shortage Reduction Program to supplement the salaries of nursing faculty members in order to be able to attract qualified instructors in competition with other employers. All full-time associate degree nursing instructors receive salary supplements of either $6,000 or $8,000 per year depending upon hire date and contract term.
(Source: Business Office, Human Resources and Payroll Departments)
Last Updated: 12/17/2020