The Weatherford College Alternative Teacher Certification Program will be closing on August 31, 2020.
The program is no longer accepting applications. Former students needing assistance can contact
Shannon Stoker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-598-6372.
The Weatherford College Teacher Certification Program (WC TCP) certifies individuals to teach in Texas public schools. This program, accredited by the Texas Education Agency, offers teacher preparation courses through a hybrid (face-to-face and online) framework. The WC TCP is intentionally small, focusing on providing strong teacher preparation and personalized support that leads to classroom success and career satisfaction.
The following certificates are available through the WC Teacher Certification Program:
- Core Subjects (Grades 4-8)
- English Language Arts and Reading (Grades 4-8)
- English Language Arts and Reading (Grades 7-12)
- English Language Arts and Reading/Social Studies (Grades 4-8)
- English as a Second Language Supplemental
- Family and Consumer Sciences (Grades 6-12)
- Health (Grades EC-12)
- History (Grades 7-12)
- Life Sciences (Grades 7-12)
- Mathematics (Grades 4-8)
- Mathematics (Grades 7-12)
- Mathematics/Science (Grades 4-8)
- Physical Education (Grades EC-12)
- Physical Sciences (Grades 6-12)
- Physics/Mathematics (Grades 7-12)
- Science (Grades 4-8)
- Science (7-12)
- Social Studies (Grades 4-8)
- Social Studies (Grades 7-12)
- Special Education (Grades EC-12)
- Special Education Supplemental
- Speech (Grades 7-12)
- Technology Applications (Grades 8-12)
- Technology Applications (EC-12)
- Technology Education (Grades 6-12)
The Weatherford College Teacher Certification Program is pleased to offer the opportunity to earn educator certification to active military and veterans who meet state and program standards. Potential teacher candidates may contact the program director at 817-598-6372 to arrange for transcript evaluation, to discuss experiences relevant to teaching, and to obtain answers to questions about teacher certification procedures. Information about fee exemption for active military and veterans can be found here.
Out-of-Country applicants need to have their transcripts evaluated and pass the TOEFL with scores of Speaking 24; Listening 22; Reading 22, Writing 21.
For further information, call the Education Department at 817-598-6372.
~ Back to Top