At Weatherford College, we have attempted to take the anxiety out of testing and to create an environment that is conducive to your success. As a partner in this, we need for you to adhere to the following guidelines and procedures:
- You must present a valid photo I.D. This may include a current driver’s license or state issued ID card, WC student I.D., current alien registration/passport, or military I.D. You will not be allowed to take a test without proper identification. Expired ID's are not valid.
- You must be ready to take your test when you arrive in the testing center. Studying in the waiting area is not allowed.
- You do not have to make an appointment to test UNLESS you require special accommodations.
- All students taking on-line tests must know their user name and password to sign on to their class.
- Food, drinks, or tobacco products are NOT allowed.
- Children, friends or family are NOT allowed in the testing center or waiting area.
- All tests will be collected at the end of the time limit designated by your instructor, and/or at closing time.
- All tests must be started at least one hour prior to the closing of the center.
- If a second attempt is allowed, it must be done immediately after the first attempt. No leaving and coming back to attempt the second time.
- Cell phones, pagers, IPods and other electronic devices must be turned off completely and placed in backpacks or lockers before entering the testing center. These items are not allowed at your desk or computer under any circumstances.
- Watches must be removed and placed in locker or bag.
- All personal items must be placed in lockers before entering the testing room.
- Only approved calculators may be used. Calculators on cell phones are not allowed.
- Students will be monitored continually during testing.
- No breaks will be allowed during the administration of a test. Once a test begins, you may not leave the room unless you have requested special accommodations.
- Only one test will be administered at a time.
- Scratch paper will be provided by the testing center.
- Scratch paper must be turned in with the test.
- No scratch paper will be allowed to leave the testing center.
- Academic Dishonesty will not be tolerated. All cases of academic dishonesty will be reported to the Director of Testing, the Executive Director of Student Engagement, the course instructor and respective dean. Please refer to the Academic Integrity section in the Student Handbook for disciplinary actions.
Things you should know and/or bring when coming to the testing center:
- Your username and password for online courses
- Your course name
- Your instructor’s name, test number
- Any material authorized by your instructor
- A scantron or blue book, if required. Blue books cannot be reused.