How to Enroll in the Fire Science Degree Program
Weatherford College offers two A.A.S. degree tracts:
- The Fire Protection and Safety Technology A.A.S. degree gives students an expanded knowledge base to help improve as firefighters.
- The Fire Services Administration A.A.S. degree helps prepare the firefighter for
their move into supervision and/or helps the supervisor improve in their role as an administrator.
1, 2, 3’s to Enrolling
1. Apply online to Weatherford College at www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
2. Forward all Official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities (still in the sealed enve-
lope from the school) to the Fire Science office address listed below. If official transcripts are
not received in the Fire Science office, this will delay your registration. If no previous college
is available, a High School transcript is required.
Attn: Fire Science Technology
225 College Park Dr.
Weatherford, Tx 76086
3. Complete placement testing (if applicable). Students can be exempt based on prior course-
work. The TSI assessment can be taken at any public institution in Texas." Check WC web
page for more information. www.wc.edu/admissions/new-student-checklist/placement-testing
4. A copy of the Standards of Progress is available online at:
www.wc.edu/financial-aid/satisfactory-academic-progress for your review, which outlines
the particulars of the policy. Please note that you must meet the prescribed standards or be
placed on financial aid suspension and denied financial aid. This will affect your tuition waiver.
5. Tuition Waiver (Good Standing Letter) – FULL TIME PAID Texas Fire Fighters must submit
letter prior to registration. Letter is required each time student registers for class Fax to
817-599-6507 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
a. Contact the Fire Science office to confirm letter has been received 817-598-6347.
b. Letter is required for each semester student is enrolled.
c. Letter must be on current fire department letter head. The following information must be
in the heading of the letter:
1. Current date
2. Student Name
3. Student email
4. Student ID number (SID)
5. Degree Student is pursing (Fire Administration or Fire Protection)
6. Semester of enrollment (Spring 2016, Fall 2016 etc.)
d. This letter is your tuition payment. This is how you pay for class
e. Any information missing from the letter will delay the tuition waiver and you could be dropped
from a class due to non-payment.
f. If student is dropped from class they will be responsible for all re-enrollment fees that may be
incurred by the drop.
6. Contact our office at 817-598-6347 to verify your paperwork has been received and you have
been cleared for Web-Registration.
7. Once all paperwork is complete, you may register online through “Campus Connect” link
8. If you are a DoD fire fighter, you will need to call the Veterans Affairs office for further informa-
tion at 817-598-6248.
9. Course book lists may be located at WC link:
~ Back to Top
Weatherford College requires all online students have COLLEGE BASED TESTING CENTERS
as proctors. There are no exceptions to this rule. WC reserves the right to reject proctors not
meeting stated requirements. No family members of the student are eligible to proctor. All proctor
fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the student and are not covered under tuition waivers.
David Anderson, Advisor
817-594-5471, ext. 6347
800-287-5471, ext. 6347
Main Campus - Office Location
Couts Bldg, Upper Floor, #432
817-598-6347 • 800-287-5471, ext. 6347
EXAMPLE of WAIVER LETTER:
DATE: (Current Date)
RE: (Student's Name)
Email: (Student's personal email address)
SID: (Student WC ID Number)
Degree: (Degree student is pursuing)
Semester: (Semester you are enrolling in)
This letter will serve as a letter of reference and certifies that student's name inserted here
is a full-time paid Fire Fighter with insert the department name here. Student name here
began their employment on insert the date here and is in good standing with this department.
Signature and printed name of Chief level officer who certifies this is true.