16 semester hours required
||Essentials of Medical Terminology
||Medical Law and Ethics for Health Professionals
||Special Topics in Phlebotomy
- Phlebotomy Classes are held three times yearly: Summer, Fall, and Spring for a 16-week term.
- Classes meet three days per week from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Once per week students must stay later to attend computer lab, and 5 times per semester students must come in at 8:00 a.m. to complete clinical simulations. Additional clinical assignments will be announced to satisfy course requirements.
- After 8 weeks, students are assigned to off-campus clinicals in contracted hospitals, clinics, or laboratory collection centers for the remaining 8 weeks. Every attempt will be made to assign students to clinical sites of their choice from available sites, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- In the event a clinical site is not available for a student, due to unforeseen events, a grade of "Incomplete" will be given and the student may finish clinicals the following semester.
- All students who pass the course work in the Phlebotomy Curriculum earn a lifetime Phlebotomy Certificate. Students who obtain the ASCP or other national registry will be eligible for increased pay and prestige. Additional licensure is recommended, though not required.
Baylor All Saints Medical Center at Fort Worth, Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Faith Community Hospital, Family Clinic/Bridgeport, Glen Rose Medical Center, Graham Medical Associates, Graham Regional Medical Center, HCA Medical Plaza, THR Huguley Memorial Medical Center, JPS Health Network, Laboratory Corporation of America, Lake Granbury Medical Center, Palo Pinto General Hospital, Texas Health Resources, Weatherford OB/GYN, Weatherford Regional Medical Center, Wise Medical and Surgical Clinic, Wise Regional Health Systems.
Outcomes for NAACLS Program
- Graduation Rate for 2015 was 100%.
- ASCP Certification: National Mean Score in 2014 was 516; Weatherford College Program Mean Score was 473.
- Graduate Placement Rates for the academic year 2014-15 was 84%.
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
5600 N. River Rd. • Suite 720 • Rosemont, IL 60018-5119
847-939-3597 • 773-714-8880 • FAX: 773-714-8886