Submit the following to the nursing office:
Before being accepted into the Vocational Nursing program, an applicant who's native language* is not English must submit an acceptable score on the TOEFL iBT by the end of the application period in which applicant is applying. Please review English Proficiency Requirement.
Once selected for admission to the nursing program, the student must:
- Complete a criminal background check and provide clearance from the Texas Board of Nursing (BON).
- Obtain a TB screen test or chest x-ray (must be current within one year).
- Obtain a urine drug screen.
- Have a back/spine examination by a licensed physical therapist.
- Submit proof of up-to-date immunizations including Tdap (within the last ten years), MMR, varicella, and influenza.
- Submit proof of major medical health insurance.
- Provide proof of current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR.
- Provide proof of Hepatitis B vaccines (three dose series) or positive Hepatitis B titer.
- Vocational nursing students must also complete a physical examination by a MD, DO, or ANP.
Information and forms needed for obtaining the above criteria will be available to the student upon acceptance to the program.
*A native language is a language that is acquired naturally during childhood and is usually spoken at home, as opposed to a language that is learned later in life, for example, as a part of a person's formal education.