Selection into the program is based on the following scoring methods:
- Prerequisite Courses Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II, College Algebra, College Physics (1401 or 1415), English Composition I, Introduction to Psychology, and Humanities or Fine Arts Elective. Science courses (BIOL 2401 and BIOL 2402) must have been taken within 5 years prior to admission. If BIOL 2401, 2402 courses are older than 5 years but proof of working medical experience can be provided, a waiver may be granted by the Program Director on a case-by-case basis. Preferred GPA of 3.5 in prerequisite courses. (Points will be awarded for each course completed) A = 4 points, B = 3 points, C = 2 points
- Points awarded for a previous degree: Master's - 8 points, Bachelor's - 6 points, Associate's - 4 points
- Points awarded for prior applications: 2 points per prior application: maximum of 6 points allowed.
- Points for prior medical work experience: Certificate and resume required for proof/5 points per year of experience: 15 point maximum.
- Beginning September 2019, the TEAS exam will be replaced by the HESI A2 exam.
- Credit will be given for TEAS exams taken from January 2, 2019 until December 2, 2019 as follows:
TEAS EXAM Requirements: MUST PASS READING AND MATH PORTIONS WITH 70% OR HIGHER. Reading, Math, Science, and English (points will be awarded based on scores in each section). 90-100 = 4 points, 80-89 = 3 points, 70-79 = 2 points
- HESI A2 Exam Requirements:
You must take all of the following five sections of the exam in five hours or less.
- Reading and Comprehension – 55 total questions
- Vocabulary – 55 total questions
- Grammar – 55 total questions
- Math – 55 total questions
- Anatomy and Physiology – 30 total questions
- You will receive points for your score in each of the above sections as follows: 91% - 100% = 3 points; 81% - 90% = 2 points; 70% - 80% = 1 point; less than 70% = 0 points.
- You must score 70% or higher on Reading and Comprehension as well as the Math component of the exam.
- If you would not score a minimum 70% on the Math and Reading and Comprehension components, you may repeat the exam after 60 (sixty) days.
6. Personal Interview: Approximately the top 30* applicants will be selected for an interview. Interviews will be scored. *The number of applicants selected for interview is subject to change.
Final Ranking process: Interviewed students will be re-ranked as follows: personal interview score, 40%, total of items 1-4 from above, 40%, HESI A2 exam scores 20%.
The twenty applicants with the highest cumulative points will be accepted into the Program. Eight* alternates will be accepted on a stand-by basis. *The number of alternates is subject to change.