You are here

Education & Child Care

Teacher helping students

Weatherford College offers several options for individuals wishing to care for or educate children.

  • The Child Care Provider/Assistant Certificate prepares students to work in a child care centers, own a child care center, manage a child care center in a corporate environment, teach in a preschool setting, direct an afterschool program, etc.
  • An Associate of Arts (A.A.) in Child Development Degree prepares students to work in preschools, child care center, and other children's programs. Following the completion of this academic degree, students may pursue a bachelor's degree in Child Development, Family Studies, or Family and Consumer Sciences at a university.
  • An Associate of Arts in Teaching Degree (A.A.T.) provides the introductory preparation for students wishing to become certified teachers in Texas. Following the completion of this degree, students need to transfer to a university to complete their bachelor's detree and certification requirements. Students can check with an advisor in the Education Department for information on agreements with universities.

For further information on these programs, please contact Shannon Stoker or
call 817-598-6372. The Education Department is located in the Business Building / Room 210.