The total cost of the training is usually $3500 for any certification area. The cost, by course, is provided below. The Pedagogy & Professional Responsibilities course must be paid in full at the time of registration regardless of whether or not an intern teaching position has been secured. The remaining $2700 may be paid at the beginning of each class. Once you are accepted into the program, you have up to three years to complete all required coursework and the internship/clinical teaching experience.
NOTE: New State requirements include additional pre-service field experience of 30 hours, increasing the need to apply early for the upcoming semester.
Required Coursework Fees for Most Certification Areas
(Agricultural Science/Technology; Business; English Language Arts/Reading; English Language Arts Reading/Social Studies; Family/Consumer Science; Generalist 4-8; Health; History; Math; Math/Science; PE; Composite Science; Life Science; Physical Science; Speech; Social Studies)
- Training tuition (made in three payments): $2000
- Pedagogy & Professional Responsibilities, payment 1, $800 + books
- Content Methods Training, in July each year, payment 2, $600
- Intel Teach Program, in July each year, payment 3, $600
- Internship/Clinical Teaching $1500 + books
(Overall cost to reach standard certification is estimated to be $4300.) Program Application Fee - $50.00 THEA Test - $39.00 Books and Materials - Varies depending on certificate, estimated $135+ State fees:
- $125 Content test, and
- $125 PPR Test
- *Probationary Certificate - $52.00+
- *Standard Certificate - $77.00+
- *Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas (FAST) - $57.00+
Technology Education Certificate Required Coursework Fees
- Pedagogy & Professional Responsibilities, offered fall, spring, or summer - $800 + books
- Contents Methods training, $600
- Tech Ed training, $600
- Intern Support, $1500 + books
Special Education Certificate Required Coursework Fees
- Pedagogy & Professional Responsibilities, offered fall, spring, or summer and School Law - $800 + books
- School Attuned at Learning Center of North Texas
Please contact Brenda Worley 817-336-0808 for fees and dates.
Approximate cost is $1500. Scholarship may be available, ask Brenda.
- Special Education Internship - $1500 + books
*Fees are subject to change
See www.texes.ets.org for late registration fees and other information.
See www.tea.state.tx.us/ for more information on teaching in Texas.