Per TDLR License Requirements 1602.255 –
To be eligible for an instructor license an applicant must:
- Submit a completed application on a department-approved form;
- Pay the fee required under;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency certificate;
- Hold an active operator license under this chapter; and
A. Have at least one year of verifiable work experience as a licensed operator; and
i. Have completed 500 hours of instruction in cosmetology in a commission-
approved training program; or
- Pass a written and practical examination required under 1602.262.
Area of Training (15 hours total)
||Cosmetology Instructor I
||Cosmetology Instructor II
||Cosmetology Instructor III
Instructor courses are offered in Fall OR Spring for full-time students and in Fall AND Spring for part-time students.
- Full-time student classes are on Monday – Friday / 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. for 16-weeks.
- Fall Part-time student classes are Monday – Tuesday / 8:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m and Wednesday / 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. for 16-weeks.
- Spring classes are Monday – Tuesday / 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. for 16-weeks