The Weatherford College Board of Trustees held their October meeting Thursday afternoon.
The board approved the consent agenda including the minutes of the Sept. 10 board meeting, the financial reports ending Sept. 30, the purchase of cosmetology supplies and the renewal of a contract for commercial charter bus services.
Received written reports on access and affordability, Guided Pathways, and a demand study update.
Discussed future agenda items. The board will receive the WC Foundation annual report at the November meeting.
In his President’s Report, Dr. Tod Allen Farmer:
- Recognized the WC Foundation on hosting another successful golf tournament to raise funds to support student scholarships.
- Congratulated the WC rodeo team for the strong showing at the Sul Ross Rodeo.
- Thanked the Parker County Hospital District for administering flu shots on campus.
- Recognized the WC Associate Degree Nursing Program for their recent accreditation reaffirmation.
- Announced the retirement of Jerry Barrow, workforce coordinator; and the resignations of Neda Benitez, student support specialist at the Education Center at Granbury; Cindy Evans, phlebotomy instructor; Brenda Pacheco, secretary in student services; and April Staples, behavioral sciences instructor at WC Wise County.
The Board meets the second Thursday of each month at 2 p.m. in the Allene Strain Community Room located in the Doss Student Center.