The Weatherford College Teacher Certification Program is no longer accepting applications for admission and will be closing on August 31, 2020. Individuals admitted to the program who complete the summer courses will be eligible for hire to teach this fall.
Teacher candidates must have completed a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2.5 GPA. They can choose from a variety of educator certificates depending on the college courses they have completed. The Weatherford College Teacher Certification Program offers certificates for teaching in the intermediate, middle, and high school grades.
The following Texas teacher certificates are offered (listed with grade range):
- English Language Arts and Reading 4-8
- English Language Arts and Reading/Social Studies 4-8
- English Language Arts and Reading 8-12
- Math 4-8
- Math 8-12
- Math/Science 4-8
- Science 4-8
- Science 8-12
- Physical Sciences 8-12
- Life Sciences 8-12
- Physics/Math 8-12
- Social Studies 4-8
- Social Studies 8-12
- Generalist grades 4-8 (Certificate to teach English Language Arts/Reading, Math, Science and Social Studies)
- Health EC-12
- PE EC-12
- Speech 8-12
- Special Education EC-12
- English as a Second Language Supplemental
- Career and Technology Certificates:
- Agricultural Science and Technology 6-12
- Business Education grades 6-12
- Family and Consumer Science 6-12
- Technology Education 6-12
Math and science teachers continue to be in demand in this area. In addition, at the middle school level, the Generalist 4-8 certificate is in demand. WC Teacher Certification Program candidates earning certificates in almost all areas have been hired this year to teach in this region.
Persons interested in pursuing Texas teacher certification are invited to call 817-598-6446 for more information.