A low cost vaccination clinic will take place at Weatherford College Wise County from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 20, hosted by the Texas AHEC (Area Health Education Centers).
This clinic will include the Meningitis vaccination required for enrollment. Vaccines are offered at cost by the Parker County Hospital District which accepts most insurance and will verify coverage at the time of vaccination. You may be responsible for part or all of the cost, depending on your coverage. The PCHD accepts cash, check or money order which is due at the time of the vaccination.
The cost of vaccinations is as follows:
- Hepatitis B (series of three doses) – $35 per dose
- Hepatitis A&B (Twinrix a series of three doses) – $55 per dose
- Hepatitis A (series of two doses) – $30 per dose
- Vericella (chickenpox) – $110
- Meningococcal (MCV4) – $100
- MMR – $60
- Tdap (tetanus with pertussis) – $35
- T.B. Skin Test – $10
The PCHD also provides the Texas Vaccination For Children program to students 18 years and younger. These vaccines are offered at no cost for those who meet program criteria.