The public is invited to view great works of art and meet the artists at a Student
Art Reception scheduled for 6 to 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 17, in Texas Hall of the Alkek Fine Arts Center at Weatherford College.
“They are looking forward to having the oppor-
tunity to exhibit their talents and skills,” said Art Program Director Myrlan Coleman. “This is one of the best groups of students we have had. I look for great things for their futures.”
Works will feature a variety of media including ebony, charcoal, scratchboard, acrylic, oil, watercolor, colored pencil and mixed media. Artwork will be offered for exhibition and for sale.
Weatherford College art students come from a variety of backgrounds, ages, cultures and hometowns. This results in a wide range of subject matter and techniques.
“This is an exceptional group of students who have produced unique and exciting works,” Coleman said. “Each student seems to work in their own individual style and technique, and yet they all seem to be excited about learning to try new things.”
Artwork will remain on display in Texas Hall through Tuesday, Nov. 25.
Other upcoming fine arts events at Weatherford College:
- Love Songs: Human and Holy - Choir concert: Tuesday, Nov. 18, at 7:30 p.m.
- Jazz finds itself between Rock and Hard Bop! – Jazz Band concert: Thursday, Nov. 20,
at 7:30 p.m.
- Handel’s “Messiah” - Choir concert: Monday, Dec. 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Student photo show begins Thursday, Dec. 4
- Hansel and Gretel - Theatre production: Saturday, Dec. 6, at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 7, and 2 p.m.
All events are held in the Alkek Fine Arts Center. Doors open a half-hour prior to start time, and admission is always free.