The Weatherford College Board of Trustees held an executive session following their regular January board meeting Thursday afternoon to discuss the ongoing search for a new college president.
The board met with consultants from the Texas Association of School Boards Executive Search Services. Members of TASB are holding meetings with constituents to help create a profile for the next president.
No action was taken following the executive session.
In other business the board:
- Approved the minutes from the Dec. 14, 2017, board meeting.
- Approved the 2018-19 academic calendar.
- Approved a permanent and a temporary construction easement with the City of Weatherford for a water line on college property located at Hwy 180 and Ric Williamson Memorial Highway.
In his President’s Report, Interim President Brent Baker:
- Acknowledged and thanked the many employees who donated items to the Coyote Closet during the annual employee awards dinner in December. He also thanked Roger Grizzard, a board member and local business owner, for his personal contribution and his work in collecting meal vouchers from area restaurants for WC students in need.
- Thanked Dr. Trey Jansen, the Faculty Senate and Vice President of Instruction Mike Endy for their part in hosting an active shooter training for all employees.
- Thanked the CBRE maintenance staff and student affairs staff who helped with the cleanup process in Coyote Village after pipes burst due to the cold temperatures over the holiday break.
- Announced the resignations of campus police officer Rachel Gilliam and nursing instructor Charlie Unantenne.