The Weatherford College Board of Trustees met for their monthly meeting on Thursday, July 9.
During the meeting the board:
- Approved the minutes from the June 11 board meeting.
- Approved the financial reports ending June 30.
- Approved sealed proposals for intercollegiate athletic insurance.
- Approved modifications to the master plan contracts.
- Approved the general prevailing wage on construction projects for fiscal year 2020-21 as required by Texas law.
- Received a report on the proposed 2020-21 budget. No changes were presented on the budget this month, but final adjustments will be made in late July before the board holds a budget workshop in August.
- Received a Guided Pathways update.
- Received a Demand Study update.
- Received an update on the Veterinarian Technician program which begins on Aug. 24.
In his President’s Report, Dr. Tod Allen Farmer:
- Recognized Doug Jefferson on his recent talk at the Decatur Lions Club on race relations.
- Congratulated Anna Nichols, Adam Finley and the Commencement Committee or their work on a successful graduation ceremony held in June. He also recognized the Institutional Advancement team for their efforts to live stream the ceremony for the first time.
- Recognized Tony Hurtt, Patty Murr and Tommy Shanklin for their work on a WC Wise County campus beautification project.
- Congratulated incoming freshman Robbin Rice for being chosen as Whataburger’s Whatakid. Rice plans to participate on the WC rodeo team.
Announced a record high Summer II enrollment with an unofficial total of 954 students, a year-to-date increase of 59 students. Summer II contact hours also increased from 64,848 to 77,776, a 20 percent increase. Enrollment and contact hour numbers will be official after July 14.