The Weatherford College is proud to hold the 3rd Annual Weatherford College International Piano Competition for young pianists. All prize winners will receive cash awards, trophies, certificates, critiques, masterclasses with the judges, ad may be schedule for concert engagement in 2021-2022. The competition will be in an online format, in which all performances will be judged from submitted videos.
Application Deadline: March 7, 2021
- Junior Division: Ages 11-18
Students currently enrolled in an elementary, middle, and high school program
- Young Artist Division: Ages 18 or over
Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate level music studies
Applicants must be enrolled and currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate level music studies.
Junior Division: 1st Prize $1,000, 2nd Prize $500, 3rd Prize $300
Young Artist Division: 1st Prize $2,000, 2nd Prize $1,000, 3rd Prize $500
Judges may award special recognition to deserving pianists.
The Weatherford College International Piano Competition welcomes pianists of all nationalities.
- Applicants for the Junior Division must be between ages 11-18 by the day of the competition, April 24, 2021 or currently enrolled in an elementary, middle, and high school program.
- Applicants for the Young Artist Division must be between ages 18 and over by the day of the competition, April 24, 2021 and must be currently enrolled as students in an undergraduate or graduate level music studies.
Contestants have free choice of their repertoire for all rounds. Contestants are encouraged to program at least two contrasting pieces for solo piano from two different eras of Western classical music including Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Twentieth Century. All works must be performed from memory. Repertoire of the preliminary round can be repeated in the final. Repeats may be played at the discretion of the performer, but are not required.
Only one movement of a sonata is allowed.
AUDITION & REPERTOIRE REQUIREMENTS
- Junior Division: Up to 20 minutes
- Young Artist Division: Up to 40 minutes
- Video submissions must be sent by April 8, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
- Video must be submitted as a link to a YouTube.
- Twelve Junior contestants and twelve Young Artist contestants will be selected to compete at the final round. All preliminary and final round videos must be submitted as a link to a YouTube. Video from preliminary round can be used at the final round.
- Non-refundable. Payments are accepted online only through SimpleTix.
- All materials, including applications, recordings, and application fee must be received by March 7, 2021.
- Online registration will open in the near future.
REGULATIONS & RULES
- All participants must complete and submit the full Weatherford College International Piano Competition application at www.wc.edu/wc-internatl-piano-competition. Registration deadline is March 7, 2021.
- Age requirements apply to applicant’s age as of April 24, 2021.
- Selected finalists for the April Competition will be notified by March 23, 2021.
- Judges' decisions on all awards and eligibility will be final.
- The Competition reserves the right, without payment of fees, to record and distribute recordings for media and other purposes, including the Internet, and to televise, broadcast, film, record, videotape, photograph or stream live all stages of the Competition, all prize performances, and concerts.
- By applying to the Competition, applicants agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of the Weatherford College International Piano Competition.
- The Competition reserves the right to make necessary changes as circumstances dictate.
~ Back to Top