225 COLLEGE PARK DRIVE • WEATHERFORD, TX 76086 • 817-594-5471 / 800-287-5471
1, 2, 3’s to Enrolling
1. Apply online to Weatherford College at www.applytexas.org/adappc/gen/c_start.WBX
2. Forward all Official transcript(s) from all colleges and/or universities (still in the sealed envelope from the school) to the Fire Science office address listed below. If no previous college is available a High School transcript is required.
Weatherford CollegeAttn: Fire Science Technology 225 College Park Dr. Weatherford, Tx 76086
3. If no official transcripts are received in the Fire Science office this will delay your registration.
4. If you would like for a counselor to review your transcript(s) please go to: http://www.wc.edu/students/student-services-3/academic-services/request-for-transcript-review
5. Proof of exemption or from THEA and or TASP. College/University transcripts will include student scores, if applicable.
a. What is the THEA Exam?
The Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) is a state-legislated program that requires students to be assessed in reading, writing, and math skills prior to enrolling in a Texas public institution. The test is mandated for all Texas public institutions by the Texas Education Code (TEC). The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board has approved the ASSET, COMPASS, and ACCUPLACER as alternative acceptable assessment instruments for entering students. If you are not exempt from the THEA exam for the reasons listed on the THEA form, then you MUST take the test prior to registering for college-level coursework in Texas. The test is offered at most public collegesin Texas and alternative tests are offered outside Texas.
6. Tuition Waiver: FULL-TIME PAID Fire Fighters must submit a “Good standing letter” prior to registration. FAX to 817-599-6507 or scan to
MANDATORY: Contact the Fire Science office to confirm letter has been received.
7. Good Standing Letter required for each semester student is enrolled.
8. Letter must be on current fire department letter head. This letter must include the following:
a. Student Name
b. Student ID # or SSN
c. Degree Student is pursing (Fire Administration or Fire Protection)
d. Signature of Chief level officer is required
e. Letter must be on Department letter head
RE: John Doe SID or SN: 123456 Degree: Fire Administration This letter will serve as a letter of reference and certifies that John Doe is a full-time employee with ______________ as a ____________________. John Doe began his employment on ________________ and is in good standing with this department. Thank You, Fire Chief Bob Brown
9. Any information missing from the letter will delay the tuition waiver and you could be dropped from a class due to non-payment. Student will be responsible for all re-enrollment fees that may be incurred by the drop.
10. Contact our office at 817-598-6347 to verify your paperwork has been received and you have been cleared for Web-Registration.
11. Once all paperwork is complete, you may register online through “Campus Connect” link: https://mywc.wc.edu/ics
12. If you are a DoD fire fighter, you will need to call the Veterans Affairs office for further information at 817-598-6248.
13. Course book lists may be located at www.weatherfordbooks.com/SelectTermDept.aspx
Fire Science Web site: www.wc.edu/programs-of-study/public/fire-science-technology
Weatherford College requires all online students have COLLEGE BASED TESTING CENTERS as proctors. There are no exceptions to this rule. WC reserves the right to reject proctors not meeting stated requirements. No family members of the student are eligible to proctor. All proctor fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the student and are not covered under tuition waivers.